The Community Welfare Section (CWS) handles all grievances against individuals and Government Departments in Pakistan and Azad Jammu & Kashmir (AJK). These are sent to the Complaints Cell for Overseas Pakistanis in the Prime Minister’s Secretariat (Public) in Islamabad and the Provincial Complaint Cells in the Provincial Capitals. The CWS serves Summon/Notices from courts in Pakistan to defendants.
- Analyze US Labour Market and explore employment opportunities for absorption of Pakistani manpower in USA
- Attest Demand Letter and Foreign Service Agreement (FSA) for recruitment of manpower from Pakistan.
- Confirm authenticity of manpower demand, wage rates and other terms & conditions mentioned in the FSA, if requested by the Bureau of Emigration and Overseas Employment, Islamabad and Protectors of Emigrants
- Make all arrangements for US employers for import of manpower from Pakistan in liaison with the Overseas Employment Corporation and other licensed Overseas Employment Promotors (OEPs).
- Process complaints against the Overseas Employment Promoters (OEPs).
- Visit Jails and Deportation Camps to look after welfare of Pakistani prisoners and to facilitate their repatriation/deportation to Pakistan.
- Motivate Pakistanis for sending foreign exchange remittances to Pakistan, through banking channels.
- Ascertain community problems and send feedback to the Ministry of Overseas Pakistanis and Overseas Pakistanis Foundation (OPF) for the resolution of problems of overseas Pakistanis
Right to Vote for Overseas Pakistanis
The Government of Pakistan is considering granting the right of vote as well as representation in National and Provincial Assemblies to Overseas Pakistanis. In this regard all those Pakistani who wish to participate in the electoral process, may kindly fill the attached form and email
Early response would enable the Government in assessing the extent of interest among the Pakistani Diaspora in the electoral process and taking a final decision in this regard. The early response would be highly appreciated.
click here to download Registration Form (Fillable doc file)
click here to download Registration Form (pdf file)
Pakistani-Americans are requested to kindly circulate this message widely to their Pakistani acquaintances. The mailing address of the Consulate is as under:
Consulate General of Pakistan
Community Welfare Section
12 East, 65th Street
New York, NY 10065
Fax No: 2128792389